Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Blog #3: Shitty First Draft's
I loved this article. It spoke true to everyone's first draft. For me, the first draft is my favorite. When I'm writing I am all over the place. I don't care how it looks or what is on the paper. I will write the shittiest first draft and don't care how it looks. I feel that the worst it is the better. After the first draft it can only get better and I thrive on this. My first draft will usually be pages upon pages of crossed out sentences and very few parts that I will keep for my final draft. I get excited to be able to X out all the crap in my paper because it means only the best remains. I like the part in the article when the author writes about how the first draft is the child's draft. It is so true because you shape it and grow it just like you would a child. The first draft has so many thoughts and you can pick and choose what you want to use. It is the most important part of your writing because of all the potential it has. Don't be afraid of the shitty first draft. Instead, embrace it and treat it like gold because it will lead you to the best writing you have ever written.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment