Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Post #?????: Is Google Making Us Stupid?

Where do I begin? In this article, "Is Google Making Us Stupid?", I really have no idea what I just read. I think the author stated it perfectly when he said, "Now my concentration often starts to drift after two or three pages." For me I think it is two or three paragraphs. After I read a couple paragraphs I had already forgotten what I read. I honestly don't know what he was trying to get at. From my experience I believe that Google has actually made me smarter. If I don't understand something I can Google it and find a site that clearly explains it. Maybe it just helps me understand it in a faster process as compared to when I was in school and had to use the library as a means of understanding. With Google I can understand a lot more at a faster rate. Google has helped me broaden my learning curve. I don't know, maybe for some people it makes them stupid but for me I can learn so much in a short period of time. I love Google. If it weren't for Google I probably wouldn't have went back to school. It allows me to be able to do numerous assignments at once. That is perfect for me considering I tend to get distracted when I have to read a big article.

No comments:

Post a Comment