Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Facebook in a Crowd

Facebook in a Crowd is an article about a guy who set up a meeting with all his Facebook friends to see how many would show up. Only one person showed up. I thought this article was genius. It is so funny how you hear people brag about how many Facebook friends they have. They are not really true friends as you can tell by this article. Facebook friends are a label. I was picking up my middle schooler the other day from school and I heard two girls arguing about who was more poplular. One girl said, "well I have 200 Facebook friends". Really? Who gives a shit! It's not Facebook friends that matter. It is real people who will actually be there for you no matter what. Who are Facebook friends anyways? Guarantee out of all of your Facebook friends you may have only met %10 of them and the ones who are actually good friends might be five of them. I don't understand how Facebook friends has come to the point where it is a popularity bragging tool. I would much rather have one good friend than 200 fake Facebook friends. If it were actually a popularity contest I would be the least popular guy because I have zero Facebook friends. I don't even have a Facebook account and I am totally fine with just having a couple really good friends.

1 comment: